March 11, 2009

My future? ...Yikes!

Graduation is quickly approaching. Right now I have 4 1/2 weeks left. That is only 21 days of actually attending my classes. The thought running through my mind, "Holy crap! What am I going to do?!" It has been my goal/plan to move down to the Salt Lake/Draper area once I graduate from BYU-Idaho. I figure it will be easier to find a job down there than it would be up in Logan. And, I think getting away {more like staying away} from Cache Valley is probably the best thing for me. I love Happy Valley and going back to see my friends, but let's be honest, I can't move back there. If I go back I would probably live with my parents. Don't get me wrong, I love them and it would be great financially, but socially it would be horrible. I love my friends back home, but I know that if I were to live there I would only ever hang out with old friends and probably never meet any new people. I feel like Cache Valley is not for me... right now.

So for now the search is on for a job. I'm looking for preschool teacher or daycare positions down in that Salt Lake/Draper area. Why Draper you ask? Mainly because I have family down there and they have seemed to like it a lot. So I figure I'll give it a shot. Plus, it didn't hurt that my three sisters found their eternal companions in their singles wards... I'm just saying, maybe it runs in the family?? Who knows?! :)

My sister, Jen, called me with information about Here We Grow Child Development Center who is hiring preschool teachers. Well, I called and they called me back. They asked when I could come in for an interview!! I told him them I was in Idaho but will be graduating in 4 1/2 weeks and am looking for something. Soooo... we have set up a phone interview tomorrow at 2 pm! I am hoping and praying things will work out how they are supposed to! I have searched and found quite a few other preschools and learning centers down in Draper. I am going to call them and see if any of them are hiring. I don't think it will hurt if I apply to several different centers, and who knows, maybe one of them will be lucky enough to have me work for them! :)

Wish me luck! And if you hear of anything in the area of Child Development- daycare, preschool, etc, let me know!! I'd appreciate any help I can get!!

5 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Hey! That is what I am going to do if I don't go on to a social work master's program. Good luck!

jilliebean said...

good luck, Kami! I'll keep my ears open!

Brittany said...

How did your phone interview go? Good luck searching for jobs and finishing up your last semester!

Anonymous said...

Yeah you are going to live kinda close to me!!! Yippy! You better call me sometimes we can meet in Salt Lake and shop yeah

Alex and Anna said...

Good luck with the interview i bet it will go awesome! congrats on finishing school too i am jealous!